Growth Team for Blue Denmark
At its meetings, the Growth Team for Blue Denmark is to consider current and future challenges and potentials for growth in Blue Denmark. Therefore, the Growth Team is composed of representatives from a wide section of the Danish maritime sector, namely:
- Jesper Lok, Chairman of the Board, ESVAGT A/S; Chairman of the Board, J. Lauritzen; Vice Chairman of the Board, Danmarks Skibskredit; Member of the Board, Inchcape Shipping Services
- Mikael Skov, CEO, Hafnia Tankers; Member of the Board, Danish Shipowners' Association
- Thomas Knudsen, CEO, MAN Diesel & Turbo; Chairman of the Board, Danish Maritime
- Ole Ingrisch, Port Director, Esbjerg Port; Chairman of the Board, Danish Ports
- Christina Ørskov, Director, Orskov Group
- Jens Frederik Hansen, CEO, A2SEA
- Mette Sanne Hansen, Head of Maritime DTU
- Christina Grumstrup Sørensen, Senior Partner, Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners
- Claus Jensen, Union President of the Danish Metalworkers' Union; Member of the Board of Innovation Fund Denmark; Member of the Danish Growth Council, etc.
- Andreas Nordseth, Director General, Danish Maritime Authority
The process of the work in the Growth Team for Blue Denmark
- June 2016: Dialogue meeting about Blue Denmark.
- June 2016 – 1st quarter 2017: Growth Team meetings.
- 1st quarter 2017: Final dialogue meeting on the basis of the work of the Growth Team.
- 1st quarter 2017: The Growth Team hands over its recommendations to the Danish Government.
Facts on Blue Denmark
- At present, Denmark is the world's 12th largest flag State and the world's 8th largest operator of tonnage. Almost 10 per cent of world trade (in terms of value) is carried by Danish shipowners, and Danish shipping is our most important export industry.
- Direct and indirect employment account for a little more than 100,000 persons – corresponding to 3.8 per cent of total employment in Denmark. Therefore, it is important that the industry has the very best framework conditions now and towards 2025.