In order to make the provisions at sea more flexible, they do, however, differ from the provisions of the act in the following areas:
- Within the field of shipping, it is possible by collective agreement to decide that the holiday year follows the calendar year.
- For seafarers on merchant ships it is possible to place the main holiday during the entire holiday year.
- By collective agreement it is possible to agree that holidays in addition to the main holiday are given as individual days.
- Seafarers domiciled outside EU and EEA countries are, when the employment terminates, entitled to receive holiday allowance at a point in time that is too early.
- Seafarers who are, as a consequence of their collective agreement, part of a holiday account scheme will not have their holiday information reported to Feriepengeinfo.