Denmark is a dedicated maritime nation with a long-standing commitment to IMO and the development of high practicable international standards on safety, efficiency of navigation as well as prevention of marine pollution from ships. Over the years, Denmark has participated in and contributed actively to the work of the IMO, including the ongoing development of the strategic vision for the IMO by which the Council is guiding the work of the IMO organs.
The global COVID-19 pandemic has emphasized the necessity of global cooperation on shipping issues and in this respect; the IMO has demonstrated its capacity to remain the focal point for addressing both current and future challenges. Denmark is strongly committed to ensuring that the IMO remains in this central position, especially in the light of the current geopolitical situation.
Key priorities for Denmark
As a member of the IMO council, Denmark will work for the following:
- Safeguard and develop global supply chains
- Promote green and sustainable shipping for a blue future
- Ensure high standards of health, safety and training for our seafarers
- Improving safety and security in the maritime sector
- Guarantee inclusiveness for all Member States through capacity-building and reduction of administrative burdens
- For further information, click here