Apply for a deep-sea certificate
How to do
- Fill in all mandatory fields in the application form for a deep-sea pilot certificate
- Attach required documentation for sailing frequency in the area(s) applied for
- Attach digital photo in passport quality (digital photo in high resolution)
- The Danish Maritime Authority will consider the application when the application form including sufficient documentation has been received.
- When the requirements for the application are met, a deep-sea pilot certificate is issued and sent to the applicant or to the pilotage service provider by whom the applicant is employed
- An invoice is forwarded to the applicant or to the pilotage service provider employing the applicant
The deep-sea pilot certificate is valid for 5 years in the areas applied for and granted.
The issue and expiry dates on the deep-sea pilot certificate follow the area last granted, but the expiry date for each area follows the date the specific area is granted.